During this intensive 2 day training, you will learn, discuss and reflect how to increase your organisational pricing maturity and how to define your road map to realise margin improvement.
You will gain insights in the elements that will influence price and learn the different steps of an optimal pricing process, with both classic and innovative price setting methods for both B2B and B2C companies.
You’ll also discuss how to detect which factors cause price pressure and how to handle them.
The training is punctuated with life cases and practices.
01. What ?
- During this intensive 2 day training, you will learn, discuss and reflect on your actual pricing practice. You will do this within a setting of international, cross-industrial, pricing peers.
- The discussions and reflections within your cross-industrial, international, group of pricing peers add much value.
- Reflect on how to start your vital pricing reports and margin improvement projects.
- Gain insights in the elements that will influence prices and get to know the different steps of an optimal (value based) pricing process and innovative price setting.
- You’ll discover how to detect which factors cause price pressure and how to handle them.
- The training is based on concrete best practice examples and case studies.
- Learn to assess your organisational pricing maturity and reflect on your own path towards pricing excellence;
- Reflect on your organisational capabilities and define your prio-settings;
- Have a good understanding of the difference price setting techniques to link them with your price strategy;
- Learn about value, which price strategy to choose ;
- Learn about the 20 most used pricing plans ;
- Learn about the most used price setting techniques ;
- Gain insight in understanding price elasticity ;
- Gain insight how to bridge the most important knowledge gaps to set a value based price;
- Learn how to avoid price pressure and price wars and how to fight them is fighting is unavoidable;
- Gain expert insight and advice from an expert trainer with vast relevant cross-functional experience from both industry and consultancy.
This is your opportunity to learn, discuss and reflect how to optimise your pricing and margins !
Module 1 : Reflections on the importance and impact of pricing
What can go wrong ?
What is a good price ?
The impact of pricing
Art or science ?
What is pricing exactly ?
Where are you in your pricing excellence practice
Reflections on a proven path towards pricing excellence
Module 2 : Is there a proven path to improve organisational pricing maturity ?
What can we learn from the leaders in pricing (cross industrial) ?
And from whom do we want to learn ?
Reflections on your own organisational pricing capabilities
What’s good, what do we need to improve ?
Discuss and learn the challenges and priorities to improve your pricing maturity roadmap
Concrete actions to increase your pricing maturity : make it really happen !
Module 3 : Which pricing plan to select ?
The 30 pricing plans to choose between …
Module 4 : Closing the classic pricing knowledge gaps before setting ‘the right price’
Understanding price segmentation
Understanding willingness to pay
Understanding price elasticity
Module 5 : How to set your prices ?
The 11 most frequently used pricing methods
Module 6 : How to set value based pricing in practice ?
How to set a value based price in practice
How to calculate economic value for B2B products/services ?
Module 6 : How to behave as price leader/follower/challenger ?
Wrap-up / lesson learned + personal action plan
04. For whom ?
Pricing team member, pricing manager, marketeers, product managers, key account managers, financial professionals, controllers, market research professionals, and pricing experts – from B2B, B2C and B2me companies.
In fact, it’s for everyone who wants to gain a solid basis in pricing or spice-up their pricing skills in an intensive 2-days pricing training.
05. Group rates
- BRING A COLLEAGUE AND GET -25% DISCOUNT ON BOTH TICKETS
- REGISTER WITH 3 AND PAY ONLY 2+1 FREE !
EPP member ? Log-in to get your member discount.
Find all your benefits in the membership area.
06. Included in the registration fee
The training fee includes :
- Course material - print and digital
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course
- Lunches during the course
It does not cover travel, accommodation or other incidentals. We recommend you to book your flights/travel/accommodation in advance to avoid last rates.
We try to negotiate special hotel rates if possible - please ask the hotel for the best rates.
If you have special requests, please connect with Lena Chatchatrian : email@example.com
Pol Vanaerde (Founder, European Pricing Platform & Partner Consultant, VC)
Pol has a successful market strategy track-record. He was responsible for the European launch of Alpro Soyfoods and elected as marketer of the year in Belgium. Later he joined McBride PLC (private label detergents & cosmetics) as European Marketing Manager and Conoco-Philips as New Business Manager. Pricing was always one of his key responsibilities.
He is the initiator and president of the European Pricing Platform and responsible for the vision development and daily management. Furthermore, Pol is the founder of Vanaerde Consulting a market strategy + pricing consulting company – and guest lecturer at several international universities and has a track record of a large portfolio of in-companies (product management, market strategy and price management) in different industries worldwide.
This training is high rated : 9/10 !
Pol, I wanted to thank you for the training you provided this week. We all really enjoyed it and we thought the wealth of examples you provided made the transitioning very relevant. I will really recommend this training internally.
The Strategies and Tactics of Pricing training helped me to get a perfect overview on the different aspects of implementing our pricing strategy. Furthermore, it let me decide to explore our own business case and put a project team on it.
Thanks for a really good training, I learnt a lot and I think Pol Vanaerde is a really good trainer, he has all the experience you need to learn a lot !"
To spend two days focusing on an item such as "strategic pricing" was a true eye opener in the sense that it reminded me of the key role that pricing decisions (should) play in running your business successfully. Pol Vanaerde combines a vast business experience with a clear vision on the subject complemented with a dynamic way of presenting.